The following blog will help you if your TP-Link router is not working after the reset. TP-Link routers are wired or wireless network. There can be reasons due to which your TP-Link router is not working.
You can perform the methods mentioned in the blog if you are facing the problem of your router TP-Link not working after reset.
There are two methods by which you can fix the issue to reset your TP-Link router to its factory default settings. Follow the steps given below:
Method 1. Perform a hard reset which will restore your device to factory default settings.
- To hard reset, your TP-Link router, press the WPS or the reset button while the router is on for more than ten seconds, till the SYS LED will become quick flash to slow flash.
- Now release the reset button and wait for the router to reboot to its factory default settings.
Method 2. You can also reset your router by using router’s web-based utility page or the management page.
- On the management page, click on ‘system tools’ and then click on ‘factory defaults’ tab.
- You will see the restore button click on the button and then wait for the router to reboot into its factory default settings.
Points you need to keep in mind:
- Before you restart the router completely check that your TP-Link router is powered on.
- You can find the default IP address at the bottom label of your router. Or you can also find your IP address by pressing the window key and R key at the same time and open a command prompt. Enter ‘ipconfig’ and you will get the result as your IP address.
- The default login credentials of your TP-Link router are username = admin and password = admin and both are in lower case.
Thus, from the above-mentioned method you can fix the issue of your TP-Link router which not working after the reset. If in any case, you face a problem you can call us on our toll-free number.
Some of the frequently asked questions are mentioned below:
1. How do I reset the username and password of TP-Link router?
Ans. To reset the log in the credentials of your TP-Link router enter into the web management utility page. Now click on ‘system tools’ and then click on ‘password’ on the left side of the menu.
You will be directed to change the username and password. Click on ‘save’ to save your new login details. Now, log in with the new username and password.
2. Why cannot I connect to the internet while I am connected to my TP-Link router?
Ans. You need to verify that your wireless connection is set to automatically obtain the IP address. To open the run application, press the window key and R key at the same time and open a command prompt. Now, enter ‘cmd’ and press ‘ok’.
Now, log into the web utility page and open the default web address i.e. http://tplinkwifi.net. Fill the default login details. When you will log in check the WAN part on the status page. If you will see the IP address list that means you are connected to the internet. In case you do not, then reboot your TP-Link router.
For further information call us on our toll-free number. We will be happy to serve you.